- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds lean ground pork
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- 12 purchased taco or tostada shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely grated radish (daikon radish)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges
HEAT oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
ADD pork. Increase heat, stir, breaking up chunks and cooking until pork is no longer pink. Pour off any excess fat.
ADD raisins, tomato sauce, olives, cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead, cooled, covered and refrigerated. Reheat to proceed.)
DIVIDE warm picadillo between shells. Serve topped with lettuce, radish, cheese and a squeeze of lime.
Makes 12 servings.