Glazed Chicken Fruit Pilaf
This easy recipe makes two meals in one...tonight's dinner and tomorrow's lunch.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breast halves skinned, boned and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom or ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 package (8-oz.) thinly sliced Sun-Maid Mixed Fruit
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
HEAT oil in Dutch oven or large deep skillet (with lid) over high heat.
ADD chicken and cook until browned. Reduce heat to medium.
ADD brown sugar, soy sauce and crushed red pepper; stir until chicken is glazed and cooked through.
REMOVE chicken from pan to serving bowl; set aside.
POUR 2 1/4 cups water and the chicken broth into skillet; add rice, cinnamon, cardamom and coriander.
COVER and bring to boil.
REDUCE heat to low and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
REMOVE from heat and stir in chicken, fruit, green onions and parsley.
COVER and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers for Tomorrow's Salad (recipe follows).
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrients per Serving (1 Cup): Calories 350; Protein 15g; Fat 3g (Sat. Fat .5g);
Carbohydrate 64g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 500mg
Daily Values: Iron 20% Dietary Fiber 14% Potassium 12% Vitamin C 10%
This salad uses one cup of leftover Glazed Chicken
STIR together pilaf, choice of vegetable and salad dressing.
SERVE on lettuce leaves as a salad.
Or, PLACE lettuce and rice mixture in pita bread halves and serve as a sandwich.
Nutrients per Serving (1 cup): Calories 385; Protein 20g; Fat 3g (Sat. Fat .5g);
Carbohydrate 70g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 34mg; Sodium 765mg