- 3/4 cup (lightly packed) Sun-Maid Washington Apples, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (about 4-ounces) 3/4-inch bread cubes
- 1/3 cup Sun-Maid Zante Currants
oven to 325 F (for glass dish); 350 F (for metal dish).
a 1-1/2 quart round or square baking dish.
In a medium skillet or saucepan, COMBINE
dried apples and water. SIMMER
covered, 4 to 5 minutes until apples are very soft and water is absorbed. ADD
brown sugar and butter. SIMMER
over low heat stirring until apples are coated and mixture is syrupy, 2 to 3 minutes.
evenly in prepared pan.
In a medium bowl, WHISK
together milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla. STIR
in bread cubes and currants. POUR
over apples. BAKE
50 to 60 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. SERVE
warm or room temperature. REFRIGERATE
Makes 6 servings.