NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to parents or legal guardians of children between the ages of six (6) and twelve (12) years of age at time of entry, who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia, and who are eighteen (18) (except 19 in Alabama and Nebraska and 21 in Mississippi) years of age or older at the time of Promotion registration. Employees, officers and directors of Sun-Maid Growers of California (the “Sponsor”), and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates, Plum Organics, quench Agency, Havas Media, Havas Formula, Jeffrey Scott Agency, InConnected Marketing, Realtime Media LLC, and Target Corporation, their respective parent companies; affiliates; subsidiaries; and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), as well as their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, on behalf of yourself and your participating child, you release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- TIMING: The Promotion will consist of three (3) phases, as detailed below:
- Promotion Entry Period: Begins at or about 09:00:00 AM ET on January 3, 2022 and ends at 4:59:59 PM ET on February 25, 2022.
- Judging Period: Begins at or about 5:00:00 PM ET on February 25, 2022 and ends at 8:59:59 AM ET on March 7, 2022.
- Design Selection & Notification: The Design Selection and Notification will occur on or about March 7, 2022.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: To enter the Promotion, go to https://www.target.com/b/sun-maid/-/N-560hv (the “Website”) during the Promotion Entry Period and download the “Promotion PDF”. Following the instructions outlined here and in the Promotion PDF, (i) fill in the designated product packaging outlines with your child’s original artwork; (ii) include Parent/Guardian’s full name, Child’s Full Name, age of applicable child, full mailing address and email Address; (iii) save a digital copy of the completed Promotion PDF by either taking a picture of it with your phone or saving it as a JPG, PNG, or PDF; and (iv) submit your Entry via e-mail, as described below. Entries that do not include all required information and adhere to these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be considered void.
- Submit Entries via Email to SunMaidDoodleChallenge@promosupport.com
- Subject line: The Sun-Maid Doodle Challenge, Exclusively at Target Entry
- Acceptable formats include PDF, JPG, or PNG.
- Save each product design as a separate file for submission.
Each Entrant may submit one Entry for each of the three product designs. Limit of one (1) Entry per person, per email address, per product (three (3) total), throughout the Promotion Period.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR CHALLENGE ENTRIES: Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit;
- Is violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Is profane or pornographic;
- Contains nudity;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- Promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Is obscene or offensive;
- Endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted challenge entries;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos (other than Sun-Maid and Target), or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without legal permission in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, songs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without legal permission in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
- Contains any reference to or image of any individual, including the Entrant, and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private
- figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
- Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Is, or contains material that is, subject to any royalties or monetary reward;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; or
- Violates any law.
By participating in this Promotion and submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that (i) the Entry submitted is original to the child on whose behalf you submit the Entry; (ii) the Entry (in whole or in part) has not been previously published; (iii) the Entry has not won previous awards; (iv) you have not granted any third party any rights to use (in whole or in part) your Entry; (v) you have the right to submit the Entry and to provide the Sponsor with a license to use the Entry (as detailed in Rule 7); (vi) neither the Entry nor its contents infringes upon, misappropriates, or otherwise violates the rights of any third party, including any copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property; and you consent to the participation in this Promotion of your child or the child for whom you are guardian. If your Entry includes likenesses of third parties (such as, but not limited to a picture of the Entrant or background subject) or contains elements not owned by you (such as, but not limited to, photographs taken by others or company logos), you must be able to provide legal releases allowing for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor. Entries may not defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
By participating in this Promotion and submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive other Entries under this Promotion that may be similar or identical to the Entry submitted by you, and you waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to your Entry and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of Sponsor’s use of such other similar or identical material.
- JUDGING: All eligible Entries received during the Promotion Entry Period will be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor. The judging process begins at or about 5:00:00 PM ET on February 25, 2022 and ends at 8:59:59 AM ET on March 7, 2022. The judging panel will score each Entry up to 100 points, which is the maximum amount of points allowed. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity/Imaginativeness (70%)
- Overall Presentation (20%)
- Positive Representation of the Sun-Maid Brand (10%)
Entries that do not contain all required entry information or are inconsistent with the requirements set forth herein are not eligible.
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION; PRIZE: Using the criteria set forth in Rule 5, the Judges will select a Winner for each product packaging design, resulting in three (3) Winners total. Each Winner’s Entry design will be used on the product packaging for that particular product sold in Target stores. Some revisions to the design may be necessary for packaging or legal reasons. Each entrant may win for a maximum of one (1) SKU.
Each Winner will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release via email within three (3) business days of Winner selection and will then have three (3) business days to complete, sign, notarize and return the Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and any other forms to Administrator. If the potential Winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period (three (3) days), if the potential Winner or Entry is ineligible; if any notification is returned undeliverable; or if the potential Winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining Entries by the judges.
- LICENSE: By entering this Promotion and submitting an Entry, on behalf of yourself and your participating child you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license (with the right to sublicense), to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your Entry, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Promotion and for other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and/or to incorporate your Entry, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed, including, but not limited to, posting to Sponsor’s or Target.com’s social media channels (such as TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) or websites.
Additionally, by entering the Promotion and submitting an Entry, on behalf of yourself and your participating child you hereby grant to the Promotion Parties and their respective designees all rights to use, edit, modify, alter, create derivate works from, sell and publish all or some of your Entry, name, likeness (photographic or simulated), voice, and State of residence for all purposes, including without limitation, in, advertising, marketing, product packaging, and promotional and publicity purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter devised (together with the Modified Works (defined below), “Advertising”), worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law. Promotion Parties have no obligation to use, retain, or return any such Entry. Entrants will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor or the Promotion Parties of any Entry or any use of a name, visual likeness, or other identifying or biographical information contained of any Entrant.
- ASSIGNMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: The Promotion Parties’ derivative works, modifications, or alterations that are created from, based on, or inspired by an Entry (together, the “Modified Works”), shall be the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor, and Entrants on behalf of themselves and their participating child hereby assign to Sponsor any and all right, title and interest in and to any and all Modified Works. Subject to the License provided above in Rule 7, all copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Sponsor, and each Entrant on behalf of themselves and their participating child hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Advertising and the intellectual property rights associated therewith. Such Advertising shall be solely under the control of Sponsor, and each Entrant on behalf of themselves and their participating child hereby waives any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of such Entrant’s name, likeness or voice under contract, tort or any other theory of law.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that you consent to the submission and use of your child’s Entry in the Promotion and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. You agree that Promotion Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks (other than for entry into this Promotion), without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All decisions as to these Official Rules and interpretations thereof are exclusively within the sole discretion of the Promotion Parties and may be changed from time to time without notice. The Promotion Parties reserve the right to cancel or modify the Promotion at any time without notice.
- RELEASE: By entering this Promotion, you release on behalf of yourself and your participating child, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof. By participating and entering this Promotion, you agree on behalf of yourself and your participating child to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. As a condition of entering the Promotion, you agree on behalf of yourself and your participating child that (1) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will you be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND YOUR PARTICIPATING CHILD TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. YOU ALSO WAIVE ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND YOUR PARTICIPATING CHILD ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to yours or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other Entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of Fresno, California. You hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
SPONSOR: Sun-Maid Growers of California, 6795 N. Palm Ave., 2nd Floor, Fresno, CA 93704-1088
ADMINISTRATOR: Realtime Media LLC, 1001 Conshohocken State Road, STE 2–100, West Conshohocken, PA 19428