Savory Apricot Chicken Kabobs
- 4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 package (6-oz.) Sun-Maid apricots (32 halves)*
- 1 large red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white wine (use a fruity wine such as Riesling)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
COMBINE marinade ingredients; divide in half and place in 2 medium bowls (or 2 large plastic zip-top bags).
CUT each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 strips to make a total of 16 strips.
PLACE chicken in one bowl of marinade and apricots in the other.
COVER and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
DRAIN chicken and apricots; discard marinade. Sprinkle salt on chicken.
CUT bell pepper and onion into 1-inch squares.
THREAD each skewer in the following order: 1 pepper, 1 onion, 1 chicken strip, loosely wrapped "s" fashion around 2 apricot halves; repeat; finish with 1 pepper and 1 onion.
GRILL OR BROIL 5 inches from heat for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning every 2 to 3 minutes.
* Or use 32 pieces (about one 8-oz. package) Sun-Maid Dried Mixed Fruit. Cut pears in half and fold large apple pieces in half to skewer.
Makes 8 kabobs (4 servings).
Nutrients per serving: Calories 340; Protein 30g; Fat 11g; Carbohydrates 30g; Sodium 535mg; Dietary Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 73mg.