Butternut Squash with Garbanzos and Raisins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (about 10 ounces)
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Golden Raisins
- cooked rice
- HEAT olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- ADD onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- ADD garlic, ginger, curry, cumin and coriander. Cook and stir 1 minute until fragrant.
- ADD broth and squash. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat 8-10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- ADD in garbanzo beans and raisins; heat through. Serve over rice.
Number of Servings: 4
Per Serving: 225.9 calories, 5.3 g fat (0.6 g fat, sat), 0 mg cholesterol, 6.3 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 340.2 mg sodium, 3.2 g fiber