- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350 F.
- GREASE an 8-inch square pan.
- COMBINE flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- STIR in butter, honey, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- STIR in raisins and walnuts.
- PRESS mixture firmly into greased pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- COOL completely before slicing. Bars may be slightly crumbly.
Makes 10 bars.
Number of Servings: 10 (1 bar each)
Per Serving: 241 calories, 9.9 g fat ( 3.6 g fat, sat), 31 mg cholesterol, 5 g protein, 36.1 g carbohydrate, 69.1 mg sodium, 2.4 g fiber