- HEAT oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- COMBINE butter, sugar and eggs; beat until well blended.
- STIR in banana and milk.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- ADD to banana mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- FOLD in raisins and walnuts.
- SPOON batter into greased pan.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- COOL in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Banana Raisin Peanut Bread: Reduce butter to 3 tablespoons. Add 1/3 cup peanut butter to butter and sugar mixture. Substitute 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts for walnuts.