- 1/3cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1 cup) Sun-Maid Baking Raisins or 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- COMBINE butter, sugar and eggs; beat until well blended.
- STIR in banana and milk.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- ADD to banana mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- FOLD in raisins and walnuts.
- SPOON batter into greased pan.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- COOL in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Banana Raisin Peanut Bread: Reduce butter to 3 tablespoons. Add 1/3 cup peanut butter to butter and sugar mixture. Substitute 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts for walnuts.
Number of Servings: 14 (one slice per serving)
Per Serving: 225.5 calories, 8.2 g fat (3.4 g fat, sat), 38.6 mg cholesterol, g protein, 35.9 g carbohydrate, 164.5 mg sodium, 1.6 g fiber