White Chocolate Apricot Jumbles
Old-fashioned oatmeal cookies are updated with sweet-tart dried apricots and white chocolate chunks. Look for white chocolate bars that include cocoa butter in the ingredients.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups Sun-Maid Apricots, chopped
- 1 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
PREHEAT oven to 350Â°F.
BEAT butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
STIR together flour, baking soda, spices and salt in a small bowl. Gradually beat into butter mixture until well blended.
STIR in apricots, walnuts and white chocolate.
DROP by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on a lightly buttered or parchment lined baking sheet.
BAKE 10-12 minutes until golden brown on edges. Remove with a spatula to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 2-1/2 dozen.