Steak Salad with Raisin Blue Cheese Dressing
Springtime means grill time. Update your backyard barbeque by pairing a classic rib-eye with a salad that has a sweet and creamy twist. Serve with a slice of watermelon for a meal that's rich in antioxidants and protein.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 8 ounces crumbled blue or gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins and Golden Raisins, mixed together
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 pounds well-trimmed rib-eye steaks or other tender boneless beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, granulated garlic, granulated onion and paprika
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cut into wedges for 6 servings
Stir together first six dressing ingredients. Press larger crumbles of cheese with the back of a spoon to blend into dressing. Add raisins. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keeps refrigerated up to 2 days. makes about 2 cups.
Season beef with salt and pepper as desired.
Mix spices in a small bowl; rub evenly over beef. Best prepared at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate.
Heat charcoal or gas grill. Grill beef to desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes then thinly slice. Serve sliced beef with lettuce wedges and dressing.
Salad per serving (with 2 tablespoons dressing): 402 calories, 25 g fat (9.5 fat, sat), 100 mg cholesterol, 33 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 382 mg sodium, 2 g fiber
Dressing per 2 tablespoons: 102 calories, 6.7 g fat (3 g fat, sat), 14 mg cholesterol, 3.8 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 272 mg sodium, 0.3 g fiber