Spring Flower Cupcakes
Whether it's spring or fall, make these specially-decorated cupcakes to serve for dessert or for an after-school gathering with friends.
- 1 (1-pound, 2.25-ounce) lemon cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Tart Cherries
- 1 (1-pound) package vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- Food coloring: red, green or blue
- Sun-Maid Golden Raisins and Sun-Maid Tart Cherries for decorating
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
STIR together cake mix, water, eggs, oil, golden raisins and cherries in large bowl for 3 minutes.
SPOON batter into cupcake liners, filling 2/3 full.
BAKE for 20 to 22 minutes. Carefully remove cupcakes from tins to cooling rack.
STIR together frosting mix and 6 to 8 drops of food color. When cupcakes are completely cool, spread a tablespoon of frosting on top of each.
DECORATE top of frosting with golden raisins and tart cherries.
Harvest Variation: Use 1 pound, 2.25-ounce package spice cake mix, add 1 cup Sun-Maid Raisins; frost with orange frosting and decorate (Jack-O-Lantern style) with Sun-Maid Zante Currants.
Makes 24 cupcakes.