Spicy Chicken with Peach Salsa
Sweet and heat is the perfect balance with peach salsa and spicy chicken.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5-ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 package (6-ounces) Sun-Maid California Peaches, diced
- 3/4 cup water
COMBINE oregano, cumin, salt and cayenne in a small bowl; sprinkle half of the seasoning on one side of the chicken breasts.
HEAT oil in a large covered skillet. Place chicken seasoned side down. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
BROWN 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
ADD onion, bell pepper, tomato and garlic to pan. Stir, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
COOK over medium heat 3 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
ADD peaches and 3/4 cup water. Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until chicken tests done in center (165 F).
SERVE chicken and peach salsa over rice, or slice chicken and serve with salsa in a tortilla wrap.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 330; Protein 33g; Fat 7g (Sat. Fat 1.5g); Carbohydrate 34g; Dietary Fiber 6g; Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 370mg