Spiced Carrot Currant Salad
Cinnamon, ginger and lemon vinaigrette makes a traditional shredded carrot salad into a sweet-spiced salad. Use currants or raisins.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and coarsely grated (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Zante Currants
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
PLACE carrots and currants in a medium bowl.
WHISK together oil, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
MIX with carrots and currants.
ADJUST honey and salt to taste.
SERVE room temperature or chilled.
Makes about 4 cups.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 260; Protein 2g; Fat 14g (Sat. Fat 2g); Carbohydrate 32g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 160mg