Spiced Raisin Apple Cake
- 1-1/4 cups chopped, peeled apple
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 package (1 lb., 2.25 oz.) white or yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice *
- 2/3 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
COMBINE apples, raisins and 1/4 cup water; bring just to boil.
DRAIN and set aside.
COMBINE cake mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, 1/4 water and apple pie spice.
BEAT on low speed about 30 seconds; then medium speed for 2 minutes.
FOLD in apple and raisins.
SPOON into greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
BAKE at 350° F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
COOL for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
COMBINE jam, juice, butter and raisins. Spoon over cake.
*or combine 1
teaspoon cinnamon, teaspoon nutmeg, teaspoon allspice and dash ginger.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.