Rum Raisin Tiramisu
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup dark rum , divided
- 1 Tbsp. dark rum
- 6 extra-large egg yolks (room temp.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 16-18 oz. Italian mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 24-30 Italian ladyfingers
- Dark chocolate , shaved
Heat raisins and 1 Tbsp. rum in a saucepan on medium-low heat until warm.
Beat yolks and sugar on high for 5 mins. until thick and yellow.
Reduce speed to low. Slowly mix in mascarpone until smooth.
Add vanilla, vanilla bean seeds, 1/4 cup of OJ, and 1/4 cup of rum. Mix well.
Mix remaining 1/4 cup of rum and 1/2 cup of OJ in a shallow dish.
Dip one side of 12 ladyfingers into rum/OJ mixture and line the bottom of a trifle dish (1.5-2 qt.) with them. Break some into pieces to fill gaps.
Sprinkle half of the rum-soaked raisins on top of the ladyfingers.
Pour half the mascarpone mix on top of the raisins and spread evenly.
Repeat layering with the ladyfingers, raisins, and mascarpone.
Smooth the top layer into a decorative pattern. Cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight.
Prior to serving, garnish with shaved chocolate.
No trifle dish? Use a shallow 9”x11” rectangular or oval dish.