- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice or cinnamon
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package (12-ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Muscat Raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- pastry for 2-crust, 9-inch pie
- beaten egg, for glaze
In 3-quart saucepan, COMBINE sugar, cornstarch and allspice. Gradually stir in orange juice, then cranberries, raisins and peels. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until cranberries pop and mixture begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes. Cool to lukewarm.
ROLL out half of the pastry on floured surface. Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Spoon in filling. Roll out remaining pastry; cut into strips 1/2-inch wide. Arrange in lattice pattern over filling; trim edges.
BRUSH pastry with beaten egg; sprinkle lightly with additional sugar.
BAKE at 450° F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° F; continue baking 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden.
COVER with foil as needed during baking to prevent overbrowning.
COOL completely. Serve with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.