Raisin Walnut Bars
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced and softened
- 1-1/4 cup brown sugar, packed and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
BLEND one cup flour, butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 tea-spoon salt with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is evenly combined.
PAT into bottom of a 13"x9" baking pan.
BAKE at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
MIX remaining brown sugar, eggs, remaining flour, vanilla, baking powder, ginger and remaining salt in a medium bowl.
STIR in walnuts and raisins.
POUR raisin mixture over hot crust.
BAKE an additional 20 to 25 minutes until top is golden and set.
COOL completely and cut into bars.
Makes 2 dozen.