Raisin Orange Salsa
Spoon some vitamin C on your pork, poultry or fish along with terrific flavors. Raisins and oranges are a match made in bell pepper heaven – you have to taste the combination to believe how good it is!
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup orange sections
- 1/2 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
COMBINE all ingredients, cover and refrigerate 1 hour for flavors to blend.
SERVE salsa with pork, chicken or fish. Store up to 24 hours in refrigerator.
Makes about 3 cups.
Nutrients per Serving (1/4 cup): Calories 60; Protein 0.8g; Fat 0.1g (Sat. Fat 0g); Carbohydrate 14g; Dietary Fiber 1.7g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 5mg
Daily Values: Vitamin C 70% Vitamin A 6% Dietary Fiber 7%