Raisin-Cherry Holiday Loaf
Raisins, walnuts and cherries make a cheerful, fruit filled cake for your holiday dessert table.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 jar (16-ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1-1/2 cups Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
PREHEAT oven to 300 F.
COAT two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
CUT each cherry into quarters.
PAT cherries completely dry on paper towels.
PLACE cherries, raisins and walnuts in a large bowl.
TOSS lightly with 1/4 cup of the flour.
BEAT butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
BEAT in eggs one at a time.
GRADUALLY beat in remaining flour, mixing until smooth.
GENTLY stir in fruit mixture.
DIVIDE between prepared pans.
BAKE about 1 hour 15 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
COOL in pans 15 minutes.
TURN out and cool completely on wire rack.
SLICE in thin 1/4-inch slices to serve.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 months wrapped tightly in foil and plastic wrap.
Makes 2 loaves, 20 slices per loaf.