Raisin and Apple Chicken Pasta Salad
Lots of protein and fiber in an irresistible contrast of flavors and textures.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini pasta
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken breast
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 red apple, cored, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tabespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds, optional
COOK pasta as directed on box. Drain and rinse with cold water.
COMBINE cooked pasta, chicken, raisins, apple and onions in large bowl.
COMBINE mayonnaise, honey and mustard in small bowl.
ADD to pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately, or refrigerate 1 hour or up to overnight to blend flavors.
TOP with almonds just before serving.
Makes 4 servings (1¾-cup).
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 597; Protein 31g; Fat 9.8g (Sat. Fat 2.1g); Carbohydrate 98g; Dietary Fiber 9.7g; Cholesterol 61mg; Sodium 305mg