Quick Chicken Picadillo Chili
For guests, chili makes a crowd pleasing presentation served buffet style, along with a selection of toppings such as grated cheese, scallions, cilantro, chopped avocado and sour cream. Tortilla chips and a simple green salad complete the meal.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5-ounces each) Mexican style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chipotle salsa or medium heat salsa
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 can (16-ounces) red or black beans, drained
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
COMBINE cumin, chili powder, salt and cinnamon.
COAT chicken evenly with seasonings.
HEAT oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
ADD onion and cook 5 minutes.
ADD chicken and garlic.
COOK 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
STIR in tomatoes, salsa and raisins. Bring to a simmer.
COVER and cook 10 minutes.
STIR in beans. Cover and continue to simmer 5 minutes.
LADLE into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.