Pumpkin Quinoa Granola
By Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (make sure it's 100% pumpkin and not pumpkin pie puree filling)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins (or a mix of golden and natural raisins)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds ore sliced almonds
1. Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker except the raisins and nuts (or pumpkin seeds) and cook on high for 2 hours, making sure to keep the lid slightly vented. (TIP: stirring the granola every 30-60 minutes helps evenly cook it.) With that being said, if you like those big granola chunks, stir less often.
2. Add nuts and raisins and stir to combine.
3. Remove from the slow cooker and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper to cool.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.