Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (15- or 16-oz.) pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Cape Cod Cranberries or Natural Raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite nut)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease two 8x4-1/2-inch loaf pans.
COMBINE sugar, oil and egg in a large bowl; beat well with a whisk or mixer. Blend in pumpkin.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add to pumpkin and mix well.
STIR in cranberries and walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake 55 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Breads will be dark. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 2 loaves, about 16 slices each.