Pear and Dried Cherry Coconut-Almond Crisp
Coconut and almonds add extra crunch to the topping on this fresh pear and dried cherry crisp.
- 3-1/2 pounds (about 7) ripe pears, preferably Bartlett or Packham
- 1 package (6-ounce) Sun-Maid Tart Cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Vanilla ice cream
Peel, core and slice pears into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
Combine pears, cherries, granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in prepared pan. Toss gently to mix.
Mix flour, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add butter and rub with fingers, or cut in with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add coconut and almonds. Rub with fingers to make small clumps. Crumble evenly over fruit.
Bake 30-40 minutes until juices are bubbling and topping is golden brown and crisp. Cool slightly. Serve with ice cream.
Makes 8 servings.