Peach Raisin Cobbler
Bring on the delicious taste of summer anytime with this western-style deep dish dessert.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups peeled peach slices, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
GREASE a 9-inch square pan.
In a large bowl, COMBINE 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
BLEND in milk and butter.
POUR batter into greased pan.
COMBINE peaches, raisins, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; toss and coat evenly.
SPOON peach mixture evenly over batter.
BAKE for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
SERVE warm or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.