Oriental Snack Mix
- 8 cups corn, rice or wheat cereal squares
- 1-1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
HEAT oven to 325 F. In 13x9-inch pan.
COMBINE cereal, raisins and almonds; set aside.
COMBINE butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder; mix well.
DRIZZLE butter mixture over cereal mixture; toss to coat evenly.
BAKE in center of oven about 15 minutes; stir halfway through.
REMOVE from oven and loosen from pan.
COOL, stirring occasionally.
STORE in airtight container.
Makes 10 cups or 20 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 140; Protein 2g; Fat 4g (Sat. Fat 1.5g); Carbohydrate 23g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 330mg