Orange and Spinach Salad with Prunes
Orange slices and prunes make a refreshing and bright tasting spinach salad.
- 3 tablespoons plain rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Pitted Prunes, quartered
- 5 or 6 ounce bag fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1 large orange sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced or chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
COMBINE vinegar, oil, honey, zest and mustard in small bowl; blend vigorously with a whisk.
ADD prunes to dressing and let stand 10 minutes.
MIX spinach, orange slices and onion in large bowl. Add prunes and dressing; toss to evenly coat.
SERVE salad on four plates and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons feta cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 210; Protein 5g; Fat 10g (Sat. Fat 3.5g); Carbohydrate 26g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 260mg