Old-Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Rolls
Rolls as versatile as they are delicious!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 to 115 F.)
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
In saucepan, HEAT milk; stir in 1/2 cup butter, sugar and salt, stirring until butter melts; cool to lukewarm.
In large bowl, COMBINE warm water and yeast; stir until dissolved.
ADD milk mixture, egg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
STIR in remaining flour to make a soft dough.
COVER; refrigerate at least 2 hours (dough may be stored in refrigerator for up to three days).
GREASE two 9-inch round pans.
DIVIDE dough in half.
On floured surface, ROLL each half to 18x8-inch rectangle. Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter; brush over dough.
SPRINKLE each with half of the brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
Starting with longest side, ROLL up jelly-roll fashion.
PINCH edges firmly to seal.
CUT each roll into 12 slices.
PLACE cut side down in greased pans.
COVER; let rise in warm place (80 to 85 F.) until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
HEAT oven to 375 F.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until light golden.
COMBINE all glaze ingredients; blend well.
GLAZE rolls while warm.
Makes 24 rolls.