Old-Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Rolls
Rolls as versatile as they are delicious!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115° F.)
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
In saucepan, HEAT milk; stir in 1/2 cup butter, sugar and salt, stirring until butter melts; cool to lukewarm.
In large bowl, COMBINE warm water and yeast; stir until dissolved.
ADD milk mixture, egg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
STIR in remaining flour to make a soft dough.
COVER; refrigerate at least 2 hours (dough may be stored in refrigerator for up to three days).
GREASE two 9-inch round pans.
DIVIDE dough in half.
On floured surface, ROLL each half to 18x8-inch rectangle. Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter; brush over dough.
SPRINKLE each with half of the brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
Starting with longest side, ROLL up jelly-roll fashion.
PINCH edges firmly to seal.
CUT each roll into 12 slices.
PLACE cut side down in greased pans.
COVER; let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
HEAT oven to 350°F.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until light golden.
COMBINE all glaze ingredients; blend well.
GLAZE rolls while warm.
Makes 24 rolls.