Old-Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Rolls
Prep time: about 40 minutes
Rise time: 2-3 hours or overnight or up to 2 days
Bake time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks), divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115° F.)
- 2 packages active dry yeast (not rapid-rise yeast)
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided, plus additional for rolling
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
HEAT milk, butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan or 2 cup glass measuring cup in microwave until warm to the touch 110-115°F. Butter does not need to fully melt.
COMBINE warm water and yeast in a large bowl or stand mixer bowl; stir until yeast dissolves.
ADD milk mixture, egg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
STIR in remaining flour to make a soft dough.
COVER; let rise in a warm place (80° to 85°F) until doubled 1-1/2 to 2 hours (OR refrigerate dough for up to two days. Let stand 30-60 minutes at room temperature before rolling).
DIVIDE dough in half and place on a floured surface.
ROLL each half to 18x8-inch rectangle, dusting lightly with flour if needed to prevent sticking. Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter; brush over dough.
SPRINKLE each rectangle with half of the brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
ROLL up jelly-roll fashion, starting at the long edge. Pinch edges firmly to seal.
CUT each roll into 12 slices.
PLACE rolls cut side down in greased 9-inch round pans.
COVER; let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F) until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. (OR, refrigerate 8-12 hours. Let stand 30-60 minutes at room temperature before baking).
HEAT oven to 350°F.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
STIR glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Serve rolls warm or cool.