Mocha Fudge Cake
Mocha has come to mean the combined flavors of coffee and chocolate. Rich and fudgy, this cake is a dreamy finish for any occasion.
- 1-1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold coffee
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
HEAT oven to 350Âº F.
GREASE a 13x9-inch pan
COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, sugar and eggs; beat until light and fluffy.
COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to shortening mixture alternately with coffee.
STIR in raisins and coffee liqueur.
POUR batter into greased pan.
BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
COOL in pan on a wire rack.
PREPARE Mocha Frosting: melt butter in small saucepan; blend in cocoa and coffee crystals until dissolved.
STIR in corn syrup, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
SPREAD over cake.
Makes 12 servings.