Mixed Berry Raisin Cobbler
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen mixed berries, THAWED, with juices
- 1/3 cup plus 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, if desired
PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
COMBINE berries and 1/3 cup raisins in a 2 quart or 8 or 9-inch casserole dish, preferably glass.
STIR sugar and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Stir into berries and raisins.
COMBINE remaining 3/4 cup raisins, flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
STIR together yogurt, melted butter and egg in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir until evenly moistened. Dough will be stiff.
SPOON dough in eight dollops evenly over berries. Bake 35 minutes or until very bubbly and cobbler is golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature with frozen yogurt if desired.
Makes 8 servings.