Marinara Poached Turkey Meatballs with Raisins
Cooking these meatballs in the marinara saves a browning step and makes the them moist and flavorful. Raisins are a sweet surprise and are typical in southern Italian style meatballs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1-2 slices firm white bread, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz.) prepared marinara sauce
COMBINE all ingredients except marinara in a bowl. Mix well with a spoon or hands.
SHAPE meat into 1-1/2-inch balls, to make 16 meatballs.
HEAT marinara sauce in a medium saucepan. Place meatballs in sauce. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat 20-25 minutes or until done, turning meatballs once or twice so they cook evenly.
SERVE with pasta or on a French roll sandwich.
Makes 4-5 servings