Really Good Low-Fat Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
This is one recipe where low is good. Low sodium, low fat, and low cholesterol - now thatâ€™s a really good cookie.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free vanilla or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or corn oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
HEAT oven to 350Âº F. Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl.
COMBINE brown sugar, yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flour mixture to make a blended dough.
STIR in oats and raisins.
DROP mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
BAKE for 10-12 minutes until very lightly browned. Do not over bake.
SLIDE cookies from parchment paper onto countertop to cool.
Makes 40 cookies.
Nutrients per serving (1 cookie): Calories 63; Protein 1g; Fat 1g (Sat. Fat 0.1g); Carbohydrate 13g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 63mg