Lemon-Dill Rice with Raisins
Lemon and dill add a fresh twist to this light rice pilaf.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup basmati or long-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
HEAT olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and green onion; stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
ADD rice; stir to coat with oil.
ADD water, zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer; cover, reduce heat to low and cook 18-20 minutes or until rice is done.
FLUFF with a fork. Stir in raisins, dill and pine nuts. Cover and let stand 1 minute before serving.
Makes 4 servings.