Kale Salad with Dried Cherries and Apricots
This crisp, refreshing salad features three of our dried fruits, raisins, cherries and apricots, all of which add a tangy, bright flavor to these leafy greens.
Total Time: 10-15 minutes
Yields: 1 salad
- 1 lb. kale (stemmed and chopped)
- 1 apple (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup dried Sun-Maid California Apricots (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Tart Cherries (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Muscat Raisins (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Place kale, apple, dried apricots, dried cherries, raisinsa nd almonds in a large salad bowl.
Combine vinegar, mustard, and oil. Whisk until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and toss to coat.