Hot Fudge Topsy Turvy
During baking, the chocolate topping sinks to the bottom, making an irresistible fudge-layered pudding cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
GREASE an 8-inch square pan.
COMBINE flour, 2/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
ADD milk, vanilla and butter; mix well.
STIR in raisins.
SPOON batter into greased pan.
In small saucepan, COMBINE remaining 1/3 cup sugar, remaining 6 tablespoons cocoa, brown sugar and water.
COOK over high heat, stirring constantly; bring to a full boil.
Carefully POUR hot mixture over batter.
BAKE for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
COOL 10 minutes.
SERVE warm, spooning out cake and turning upside down.
Makes 6 servings.