Honeyed Almond, Raisin, Olive and Ricotta Crostini
By Brandi Evans
Makes 10-14 servings
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or even smaller pinch, depending on how much spice you like)
- 2 1/2 cups mixed, pitted olives (for example, a mix of marinated green, cured black, and Kalamata)
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 baguette or loaf of French bread, sliced into 10-14 pieces
1. Mix the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, and cayenne together in a medium bowl.
2. Roughly chop the olives and almonds. Stir the olives, almonds, and raisins into the honey mixture, cover, and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. To serve—toast the bread slices. Brush with 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and toast for 5-7 minutes at 350° F. Spread about ¼ cup of ricotta cheese on each slice of bread and top with a spoonful of the olive and raisin mixture.