Honey Applesauce Raisin Cake
By Kate Dean
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional - can sub an additional 1/2 cup raisins instead)
1. Preheat your oven to 325F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix applesauce, honey, and oil together.
3. Add the eggs and beat well.
4. Add the dry ingredients, and whisk until just incorporated.
5. Stir in the raisins and chopped nuts, if using.
6. Pour the batter into prepared cake pan.
7. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
8. Sift powdered sugar over top just before serving, if desired.