Harold's Apricot Jellies
Makes 12 servings
Prep 25 Minutes
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup finely snipped Sun-Maid California Apricots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
1. In a small saucepan, bring the apple juice just to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the apricots. Cover and let soak for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. Transfer to a high-speed blender and add the lemon juice. Cover and blend until very smooth, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons additional apple juice if needed.
2. Coat star-shape candy molds lightly with nonstick cooking spray, removing excess with a paper towel.
3. Place the cold water in the same small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the water. Let stand 5 minutes. Place saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir just until gelatin dissolves. Do not boil. Whisk apricot mixture into hot gelatin mixture until combined.
4. Spoon mixture into molds. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours. Carefully remove from molds and serve chilled. Store up to 3 days in an airtight container lined with a paper towel.
Serving Size 1 jelly
Nutrition Facts (per jelly) 47 cal., 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 1 mg sodium, 11 g carb., 1 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 2 g pro.
Daily Values 2% vit. A, 1% vit. C, 1% calcium, 2% iron