Hair-Sterical Cupcakes (Rainbow-Swirl Pumpkin-Raisin Cupcakes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Bright blue, yellow, and pink food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, and oil. Add all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
3. Line fifteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; beat until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add enough powdered sugar to reach a piping consistency.
6. Divide frosting between 3 small bowls. Color one bowl of frosting blue, one yellow, and one pink. Snip a 1/2-inch corner from a large resealable plastic bag. Insert an open star tip into the open corner. Layer about 1/4 cup blue frosting, 1/4 cup yellow frosting, and 1/4 cup pink frosting into the corner of the bag. Continue layering with any remaining frosting. Pipe frosting over cupcakes in round swirls.
Makes 15 cupcakes
Prep: 45 minutes Bake: 15 to 18 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 412 cal., 19 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 8 mg sodium, 60 g carb., 1 g fiber, 51 g sugar, 3 g protein Daily Values: 58% vit. A, 1% vit. C, 4% calcium, 6% iron