Granola Fruit Cups
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (or oats)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Fruit Bits
Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray, or line with muffin papers. (A dark metal non-stick pan produces best results).
SPREAD oats, nuts and seeds on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
REDUCE oven temperature to 300 F.
COMBINE syrup or honey, butter, egg white and vanilla in a large bowl. Add Fruit Bits and toasted oats mixture; stir well.
SPOON 1/3 cup mixture into each muffin cup and pack firmly using the bottom of a flat measuring cup. Bake at 300 F for 35 to 40 minutes for dark pan, or 40 to 45 minutes for regular pan, until well browned. Cool completely in pan, preferably several hours. Gently release by running a blunt knife around edges. Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 200; Protein 4g; Fat 8g (Sat. Fat 2g); Carbohydrate 27g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 25mg