Granola Fruit Cups
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (or oats)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Fruit Bits
Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray, or line with muffin papers. (A dark metal non-stick pan produces best results).
SPREAD oats, nuts and seeds on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
REDUCE oven temperature to 300° F.
COMBINE syrup or honey, butter, egg white and vanilla in a large bowl. Add Fruit Bits and toasted oats mixture; stir well.
SPOON 1/3 cup mixture into each muffin cup and pack firmly using the bottom of a flat measuring cup. Bake at 300° F for 35 to 40 minutes for dark pan, or 40 to 45 minutes for regular pan, until well browned. Cool completely in pan, preferably several hours. Gently release by running a blunt knife around edges. Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 200; Protein 4g; Fat 8g (Sat. Fat 2g); Carbohydrate 27g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 25mg