Grandma's Holiday Relish
Fruit Relishes are a tradition for the holiday table. Make this one for your family to enjoy with a special dinner. If there are leftovers, this relish is great on ham or turkey sandwiches.
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 6-ounce package Sun-Maid Cape Cod Cranberries
- 1 7-ounce package Sun-Maid Fruit Bits
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Tart Cherries
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cloves
- salt and pepper, to taste
COOK all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally, for 30 to 35 minutes, until liquid is syrupy. Remove from heat.
TASTE, season with salt and pepper, taste again and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
CHILL, covered, for up to a week. Serve with holiday ham or turkey.
Makes 6 servings.