Gorgonzola and Fruit Roasted Pears
Sophisticated yet simple, this not-too-sweet dessert is a perfect ending for a hearty cool weather meal.
- 3 medium pears (Bosc or D'Anjou)
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine such as Riesling or Muscat
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Cape Cod Cranberries or 1/4 cup each Sun-Maid Golden Raisins and Sun-Maid Tart Cherries
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 425 F.
HALVE, peel and core pears.
POUR wine into a glass or ceramic 9-inch square or round baking dish.
ADD pears, turning to coat with wine. Place cut side up.
In a small bowl COMBINE dried fruit, gorgonzola, sugar and cinnamon.
DIVIDE mixture evenly between pears, mounding firmly on cored centers.
COVER dish with foil. Bake 15 minutes.
UNCOVER and continue baking 5-10 minutes until pears are soft when pierced. Serve warm, drizzled with liquid in pan.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 210; Protein 3g; Fat 4.5g (Sat. Fat 2.5g); Carbohydrate 39g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 180mg