Fruit 'N Honey Sticky Buns Wreath
- 1 pound thawed frozen bread dough
- 2 tablespoons softened butter, plus butter for pan
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup chopped Sun-Maid California Apricots
- 1/4 cups each Sun-Maid Golden Raisins and Sun-Maid Tart Cherries
- 1 egg , beaten (optional)
- Sun-Maid California Apricots and Tart Cherries for decorating
Butter a 9-inch round cake pan, leaving center of pan clean. Place a small oven proof dish (such as a 6 ounce glass Pyrex) in center of pan.
Roll dough to a 14x10-inch rectangle on a floured surface. If dough springs back, let rest 5 to 10 minutes then continue rolling. Spread 2 tablespoons butter evenly over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and drizzle honey evenly over dough.
Scatter apricots, golden raisins and cherries over dough to within 2 inches of one long edge. Starting at fruit covered long edge, tightly roll dough and pinch closed along opposite side.
Slice into 16 equal pieces. Overlap slices in a ring, surrounding center dish. For a glazed crust, beat egg with 1 tablespoon water and lightly brush over dough. (Can cover and refrigerate overnight; remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before baking.)
Bake in preheated 350° F oven 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Immediately turn out onto plate; invert onto another plate so browned top side is up. Use two apricots and a cherry for a "bow" and sliced apricot for "ribbon." Place on wreath. Serve warm or cool. Makes 10 to 12 servings.