Fruit and Sunshine Rice
Sun-dried raisins and fresh fruit brighten up spiced basmati rice. Low in saturated fat and high in vitamin C, this side dish adds colorful crunch to poultry, pork or fish. Makes a great cold salad all on its own, too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup diced fresh peaches
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and diced 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped cashews, optional
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
HEAT olive oil in a medium saucepan and cook onion until just clear.
ADD chicken bouillon and spices, stirring and cooking for 1 minute.
ADD sugar, peaches, pineapple and kiwi.
COOK just until mixture is warmed through.
FOLD in rice until blended.
TOP with cashews and raisins. Serve hot as a side dish or cold as a salad.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 203; Protein 2.8g; Fat 2.8g (Sat. Fat 0.3g); Carbohydrate 43g; Dietary Fiber 3.4g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 152mg
Daily Values: Vitamin C 64% Dietary Fiber 14%