Fresh Root Vegetable, Raisin Rice Salad
Root vegetables and raisins are low-fat, high-fiber stars on the food pyramid, and thereâ€™s plenty of vitamin A and vitamin E cheering them on in this easy, nutrition-packed salad.
- 1 cup peeled, shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup peeled, shredded parsnips
- 1/2 cup peeled, shredded turnips
- 3 green onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 3/4 cup light or low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons toasted and salted sunflower seeds
- Fresh baby spinach
MIX carrots, parsnips, turnips, green onions, rice and raisins in a large bowl.
MIX in mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice together and fold into vegetable mixture.
SEASON with salt and pepper.
SPRINKLE with nuts and serve on a bed of fresh baby spinach.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 300; Protein 4.2g; Fat 12.5g (Sat. Fat 2.3g); Carbohydrate 43g; Dietary Fiber 4.5g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 303mg
Daily Values: Vitamin C 15%