Farro and White Bean Salad with Dried Fruit and Summer Herbs
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups pearled farro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cucumber, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced Sun-Maid Mediterranean Apricots
- 1/3 cup Sun-Maid Tart Cherries
- 1/3 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella
1. In a large saucepan, bring broth and farro to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until farro is soft but still chewy in the center. Drain. Let Cool.
2. In a screw-top jar, combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot, salt, and black pepper. Shake to combine.
3. In a large serving bowl, combine farro, beans, cucumber, basil, parsley, dried apricots, dried cherries, and golden raisins. Drizzle with the dressing mixture and stir to combine. Fold in mozzarella.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 434 cal., 13 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 743 mg sodium, 64 g carb., 10 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 17 g pro.
Daily Values: 15% vit. A, 19% vit. C, 17% calcium, 24% iron