Decadent Raisin Truffles
For special occasionsâ€¦and gift giving.
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2 tablepsoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 8-ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup warmed whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely chopped walnuts or unsweetened cocoa powder or melted chocolate
In food processor or blender jar, COMBINE raisins and liqueur.
TURN off and on to coarsely chop raisins; set aside.
In heavy saucepan over low heat, MELT chocolate and butter.
COMBINE whipping cream, egg yolk and vanilla; gradually blend into chocolate mixture.
STIR in raisin mixture.
PLACE mixture over ice water; stir until completely cool and slightly thickened.
BEAT 20 to 30 seconds.
COVER; refrigerate until firm.
FORM mixture into 30 small balls; roll each in finely chopped walnuts or cocoa powder.
Or, to dip in melted chocolate, REFRIGERATE balls until chilled.
DIP balls one at a time, turning to coat all sides.
PLACE on waxed paper.
LET stand until chocolate is set.
Makes 30 truffles.