Crunchy Vegetable-Raisin Salad
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder or 1 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
PLACE broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl with bacon, raisins and onion.
COMBINE mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and curry powder or cumin in a separate bowl.
STIR mayonnaise mixture into vegetables until evenly mixed.
REFRIGERATE at least one to 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
SPRINKLE with almonds before serving.
Makes about 12 cups.