Crown Pork Roast with Raisin Chestnut Stuffing
- 1 (16-rib) crown pork roast, 9-10 lbs.
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ribs celery, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 med. leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 packs (5.2 oz. each) or 1 bottle (10 oz.) roasted peeled chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pack (14 oz.) herb flavored stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 3 cups chicken broth
Heat oven to 350°F. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 2.5-3 hrs. or until internal temperature is 145°-150°F.
Meanwhile, in 12” skillet, heat oil and butter on med. heat. Add celery and leeks. Cook 5 mins. Stir in bell pepper, chestnuts, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Cook 5 mins. In large bowl, combine stuffing mix, raisins, and vegetable mixture. Stir in broth. Cover bowl; refrigerate.
Remove roast from oven after ~2 hrs. Spoon 3 cups of stuffing in center of roast. Coat a 3 qt. baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon remaining stuffing in dish. Bake the roast and remaining stuffing for 45 mins.
Plate the roast. Cover with foil. Let stand 15 mins. Remove foil. Spoon stuffing from center of roast into small serving dish. Remove strings from roast.
To serve, slice between bones. Serve with stuffing.
Tip: Crown pork roasts are available by special order, so plan accordingly. Ask for chine (back) bone completely removed, and the exposed bones Frenched. Most butchers will include little paper stockings to cover the rib bones.
Makes 16 servings Total time: 3-3.5 hours